Theft of GSU Property
Reporting Procedures for Theft of GSU Equipment
Theft of GSU Equipment (On Campus)
1. When GSU equipment is reported to be stolen, contact GSU Police at 404/413-3333 or via a call box immediately to file a report. If the item is found to be in another employee or students possession, the report can be amended.
2. When filing the Police Report, provide the GSU #, or serial number to identify the item/equipment.
3. Contact the Department of Safety & Risk Management (DSRM) to notify of the theft particularly if structural damage has occurred at 404/413-9547 or via email to [email protected]. Provide DSRM with the GSU Police Case number, GSU property or serial number, description of the item and approximate value.
4. Secure the area from further tampering while the incident is under investigation. If an office door or window has been tampered with please include a copy of the estimate/invoice for temporary repairs.
Theft of GSU Equipment (Off Campus)
1. When GSU equipment is reported missing while off-campus, contact your local law enforcement immediately to make the police report.
2. Contact DSRM at 404/413-9547 or via email to [email protected] to notify them of the theft. Provide DSRM with a copy of the police report, GSU property or serial number, description of the item and approximate value. If the item/equipment was stolen from a personal car or home, please provide the name and policy number for the insurance carrier.
3. The claim should be filed first with the auto insurance or homeowner policy.
For GSU Employees Only
Property Damage Report Form