Property Damage (Water and/or Fire)

Reporting Procedures For Water and/or Fire Damage

1. Property damaged by water or fire should be reported to the Department of Safety & Risk Management (DSRM) immediately at 404/413-9547 (3-9547 from a campus phone) or via email to

2. Do not clean up affected area until DSRM is able to view the damage.  Debris can be moved out of walkways to make for easy access.

3. Sprinkler discharge—do not discard the sprinkler head. It must be viewed by DSRM as part of the claim process.

4. If a fire occurs, do not discard any of the burned objects or the source of the fire until the Fire Safety Officer and DSRM have viewed them.

General Liability Report Form