Emergency Notification Procedures
Emergency Notification System. In the event of an emergency or crisis abroad (to include severe injury or death) of an employee, contact University Police. If it is not during office hours, the call should be directed to the University Police at 404-413-3333. This number is answered 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. All known information about the emergency should be given, together with contact information for the injured employee or their representative.
University Police will then contact the Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Department/ Dean of the College, the Chief of University Police and University Relations 404-413-3494 or 404-413-1351. The Crisis Coordinator (Asst. Vice President or Dean of College) or Alternate Crisis Coordinator (Director of Emergency Management l) will determine if circumstances merit contacting the President and the Provost.
AVP or Dean, Crisis Coordinator
Keith Sumas, Director of Emergency Management, Alternate Crisis Coordinator 404-413-0783, cell 678-618-2940
Mark Becker, President
Risa Palm, Provost
Connie Sampson, Associate Vice President, Chief of Police
Department Chair /Immediate Supervisor
Dr. Jun Liu/Associate Provost for International Initiatives 404-413-2536
Don Hale, Vice President, Public Relations 404-413-3494, cell 512-657-9896
Andrea Jones, AVP, Public Relations 404-413-1351, cell 404-518-3181
Minette Kirkman, Director, Safety and Risk Management 404-413-9548 cell 404-391-7631
Kerry Heyward University Attorney, Legal Affairs
Jeannie Barrett Associate Legal Advisor, Legal Affairs
Carlton Mullis Director, University Police
Angelia Jennings Communications Manager, University Police
- University Police contacts Crisis Coordinator and Alternate Crisis Coordinator, Chief of University Police and University Public Relations.
- Crisis Coordinator will contact President, Provost, Department Chair/Immediate Supervisor
- Alternate Crisis Coordinator will contact University Attorney and Risk Management
- University Public Relations will handle all communication (internal, external, media, etc) for the University.
- The Crisis Coordinator will be in continuous contact with University Public Relations until crisis is resolved.