Programs & Services
Welcome to the Office of Emergency Management’s (OEM) Programs & Services guide. Please use the left-side navigation bar to read a description of the integral functions the OEM serves and provides.
Below is a brief summary of the duties Building Coordinators provide. Please email us if you are interested in becoming a member of the Building Emergency Response Team.
Building Emergency Response Team (ERT)
GSU recognizes the importance of providing threat assessments, information, training, and resources to promote the safety of all students, faculty, staff, visitors, and security of campus facilities. In order for GSU to provide appropriate and timely safety and security information and response to its distributed campus, each organizational unit must designate a primary building coordinator for each occupied University building.
The building coordinators are responsible for:
- Serving as the emergency point of contact regarding safety and security issues affecting their building.
- Developing emergency action plans for their building (in conjunction with GSU’s Emergency Operations Manager).
- Executing and evaluating emergency drills coordinated by the GSU’s Emergency Operations Manager.
- Receiving and monitoring emergency communications from campus safety units and disseminating relevant information throughout the building.
- Providing appropriate training for students, faculty, and staff in their building.
- Addressing and coordinating safety and security related actions through the appropriate administrative authority.
- Ensuring building safety and health concerns are reported to the appropriate administrators.
- Serving on campus safety and security committees.